Amtrak in and Around Washington, DC / MD / VA
Amtrak is the nation’s intercity passenger rail operator; Amtrak connects America in safer, greener and healthier ways. Amtrak also is the operator of choice for state-supported corridor services in 15 states and for four commuter rail agencies.
Amtrak operates approximately 85 trains daily into and out of Washington, D.C.’s Union Station. This consists of primarily Northeast Corridor service including Acela Express and Regional trains.
Amtrak operates the following long-distance trains through Washington, D.C.:
• Capitol Limited (daily Washington-Pittsburgh-Chicago)
• Cardinal (tri-weekly New York-Washington-Cincinnati-Chicago)
• Crescent (daily New York-Atlanta-New Orleans)
• Palmetto (daily New York-Savannah)
• Silver Meteor (daily New York-Miami)
• Silver Star (daily New York-Tampa-Miami)
Amtrak also operates the following shorter-distance trains through Washington, D.C.:
• Carolinian (daily New York-Richmond-Washington)
• Vermonter (daily Washington-St.Albans, Vt.)
Fast Fact About DC Amtrak:
Washington Union Station is the second-busiest station in the Amtrak system.
Read More about Amtrak Service In Washington, DC – Click Here